|Name||:||Dr. Devidas S. Bhagat|
|Designation||:||Assistant Professor (Chemistry)|
|Institute||:||Govt. Institute of Forensic Science, Aurangabad.|
|Office Tel||:||0240- 240 0219 (Office)|
|:||firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com|
Dr. D. S. Bhagat completed his master of chemistry degree from the department of chemistry, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad in 2010 with distinction. He qualified NET CSIR JRF exam held in June-2011 (All India Rank-027) and also qualified GATE (IIT-IISc) exam held in Feb-2013 (All India Rank-185). He completed his Ph.D. degree from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad in June 2019. He was junior (JRF) and senior (SRF) Research Fellow of CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research) from 2012 to 2015. Select as assistant professor through MPSC (General merit stood 04th rank). Currently working as assistant professor in the Government Institute of Forensic Science, Aurangabad since September 2015. Published his more than 17 research articles in international peer-review journals. Select as a mentor at NEIST CSIR Jorhat for summer research training program for three months. In the master degree program 14 students complete their research project in PG dissertation his guidance. I have 9 years of research experience includes research scholar and working faculty. Worked on various administrative positions and committees in his past carrier includes duty assigned district collector and department of higher and technical education.
To work in an organization offering high degree of challenge, responsibility and decision making power where I can use my skills to achieve the organizational goals. To pursue scientific contributions that would further enrich my experience and creativity in the field of research and academics.
- Award the degree of Doctor of Philosophy from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad in Subject of Chemistry on 28th June 2019.
- Passed Master in Organic Chemistry from Department of Chemistry, Dr. B. A. M. University campus in 2010 with 77% [Distinction].
- Passed Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Botany group from Deogiri College, Aurangabad in 2008 with 62.03%
- Passed HSC [10+2] from Vinayakrao Patil Mahavidhalaya College, Vaijapur in 2004 with 62.67%
- Passed SSC from New High School Chikatgaon, Vaijapur, Aurangabad in 2001 with 74.53 %
- Passed NET CSIR JRF exam held in June-2011 (All India Rank-027)
- Passed GATE Exam held in Feb-2013 ( All India Rank-185)
- Selected as Assistant Professor through MPSC (04 Rank)
- Selected as Junior Research Fellow at National Chemical Laboratory [NCL] Pune on January 2011
PROFESSIONAL SKILL / EXTRA ACTIVITY
- Having hands-on sophisticated instruments like FT-IR Spectrophotometric instrumental analysis, UV-VIS Spectrophotometric instrumental analysis, HPLC analysis and TLC.
- Having hands-on routine instruments includes Flame-photometer, Abbes Refractometer, Turbido-meter, pH meter, Conductometry, Scientific microwave, Calorimeter and ultra-sonicator.
- Having command on chemical analysis includes spot test of explosives, spot test of pesticide, spot test of toxic ions, milk adulteration test, plant poison analysis, ink analysis, analysis of fire and arson sample, solvent extraction like extraction actives components from biological and non-biological matrix, analysis of trap-case sample, analysis of pharma drugs and illicit liquor.
- Having good command on ‘Chemdraw’ and Mendeley and many other software’s
- Six-month course in “Environmental studies” during 2004-2005.
EXPERIENCE OF TEACHING, RESEARCH AND TRAINING
- Senior Research Fellow at Deogiri College Aurangabad. (1 Feb 2014 to 31 Aug. 2015)
- Junior Research Fellow at Deogiri College Aurangabad. (9 Jan. 2012 to 31 Jan 2014)
- Worked as Assistant Professor in the subject of chemistry at Government Institute of Forensic Science, Aurangabad from 1 Sep. 2015 to date.
- Teaching experience at Deogiri College Aurangabad UG and PG of three years.
- Teaching experience at various reputed Coaching Classes of IIT JEE and NEET at Aurangabad and Pune of Five Years as Guest Faculty.
- Six month project work on “One-pot Synthesis of Alpha-Amino Phosphonate”.
- 21 Days foundation training program phase-1 at Yashada Pune in 2 January to 22 January 2016.
- 21 Days foundation training program phase-2 at Yashada Pune in 15 November to 6 December 2016
- 28 Days 120th Orientation Course at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad from 1 August 2018 to 31 August 2018.
- 10 Days Faculty development program on ‘Effective Ways To Develop E-content For Teaching-Learning’ conducted by K. T. H. M. College, Nashik in association with UGC-HRDC, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune from 21st May 2020 to 30th May 2020.
Green Chemistry – We develop a novel method for synthesis of biologically import heterocycles using green approach. The multicomponent synthesis includes ultrasonicator assisted one post-synthesis, microwave-assisted, and ionic liquid catalyzed or mediated and using the greener water-soluble catalyst.
Forensic Chemistry & Toxicology – We developed novel protocol and material for the detection of organochlorine and organophosphate pesticide residue in the given sample. To develop novel protocol for extraction of pesticide residue from various samples and biological matrix.
Material Science – We develop Au and Au@Ag based chemosensor for detection for pesticide residue and NDPS suspected sample and drugs. Biosynthesis of nanomaterial for the study of its application in forensic to the visualization of LFPs, photocatalytic degradation, and antimicrobial activity. Develop novel fluorescent for the detection of LFPs on various surfaces.
CURRENT RESEARCH OUTLINE
- Current Research-Gate Score: 6.3
- Number research Paper Published: 17
- Highest Impact factor of Published Research Paper: 1.7
- Total Impact Factor of own Research Papers: 7.5
- Scopus index publications: 10
- UGC care listed publications: 04
- Peer-review Publications: 03
AWARDS, PRIZE AND FELLOWSHIP
1. Awarded Junior Research Fellow by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research on August 2011
2. Awarded Senior Research Fellow by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research on February 2014
3. Awarded Ph. D. Degree by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University on 28th June 2019
1. Delivered talk on ‘Application of CuO NPs for development of latent fingerprints on various surfaces’ at Nagpur in the international conference on AFM 2020.
2. Deliver talk on ‘Application of green tools in organic syntheses’ in national conference at Maulana Azad College of Arts, Science & Commerce Aurangabad on January 2017.
3. Delivered lecture on Analysis of Explosive and Drugs in five days preparatory work-shop on ‘Scientific Aids to Investigation’ at Government Institute of Forensic Science, Aurangabad on December 2017
INTERNATIONAL & NATIONAL CONFERENCES
1. Chaired as technical session in international conference on advanced functional material (AFM-2020) at Nagpur, Maharashtra.
2. Presented poster on Extraction of Active Constituent of Ipomoea Carnea by using Ultra Sonication and Study of Anti-Bacterial Activity in international conference ‘Exploring New Horizon in Chemical Sciences’ at Deogiri College Aurangabad on 10th January 2019.
3. Actively Participate in 3 national Conference in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
EXPERIENCE OF ADIMINSTRATOR
1. Member of paper setting, evaluation and redressal examination committee of B. Sc. Forensic Science, Dr. BAMU, Aurangabad, Maharashtra from 2015 to till date.
2. Member of paper setting, evaluation and redressal examination committee of M. Sc. Forensic Science, Dr. BAMU, Aurangabad, Maharashtra from 2015 to till date.
3. Member of examination and paper setting committee Mumbai University Mumbai, Maharashtra.
4. Worked as Supervisor in MPSC main examination at JNEC College, Aurangabad on March 2020.
5. Worked as PRO in Loksabha election at 105-Kannad, Aurangabad on 23 April 2019
6. Worked as venue officer of B. Ed online CET at iDZ Chikalthana, Aurangabad 09/06/2019.
7. Worked as Supervisor in UPSC prelim examination at SBH School, Aurangabad on June 2019.
8. Worked as Supervisor in MPSC main examination at Milind Arts College, Aurangabad on June 2019.
9. Worked as Co-ordinator in UPSC prelim examination at Aurangabad on June 2018.
10. Worked as Supervisor in MPSC prelim exam at CSMSS, College of poly-techniques, Kanchanwadi, Aurangabad center on July 09/05/2018 to 10/05/2018
11. Worked as Member of organizing committee of one day seminar on Conflict among Teenager and Women Harassment at Workplace, 2018.
12. Worked as Supervisor in MPSC prelim exam at CSMSS, College of poly-techniques, Kanchanwadi, Aurangabad center on July 09/05/2018 to 10/05/2018.
13. Worked as venue officer of B. Ed online CET at R. C. Patel Institute of Technology, Shirpur, Dhule on 09/06/2018 to 11/06/2018.
14. Worked as NCTE Norm’s verification committee member expert for no objection certificate of B. Ed college verification at Beed on 27.12.2017 to 29.12.2017.
15. Worked as Supervisor in MPSC prelim exam for STI at M. P. Law College, Aurangabad center on July 2017.
16. Worked as Supervisor in MPSC main exam at Govt. Arts and Science College, Aurangabad center on September 2017.
17. Worked as Supervisor in MPSC main exam for departmental promotion for PSI at Dr. Rafik Zakeriya College for womens, Navkhanda, Zubalipark, Aurangabad center on December 2017
18. Worked as member of NCTE Norms verification committee member expert for no objection certificate of B. Ed college verification at Navapue and Nadurbar on 06.11.2017 to 10.11.2017
19. Worked as venue officer of B. Ed. Online CET at Shri. Gulabrao Deokar College of Engineering, Jalgaon on 13.05.2017 to 14.05.2017.
20. Worked as venue officer of B. Ed. Online CET at G. H. Raisoni college of Engineering and Management at Jalgaon on 12.06.2016.
21. Worked as venue officer of Law Online CET at G. H. Raisoni college of Engineering and Management at Jalgaon on 19/06/2016.
22. Worked as member of NCTE Norms verification committee expert for no objection certificate of B. Ed college verification at Beed on 12.04.2016
23. Worked as member of NCTE Norms verification committee expert for no objection certificate of B. Ed college verification at Navapue and Nadurbar on 04.04.2016
24. Worked as member of college student strength verification committee at Ambejogai and Parali Vaijinath Beed on 12.10.2015.
PUBLICATIONS & PhD. RESEARCH TOPIC
‘‘Development New Methods for Synthesis of Biologically Active Precursor- Using Green Approach’’
1. Efficacy of synthesized azo dye for development of latent fingerprints on Non-porous and wet surfaces D.S. Bhagat, P.B. Chavan, W.B. Gurnule, S.K. Shejul, I.V. Suryawanshi, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.05.480 (Scopus Index, Impact factor: 1.23, Elsevier Journal)
2. Greener synthesis of CuO nanoparticles for enhanced development of latent fingerprints D.S. Bhagat, I.V. Suryawanshi, W.B. Gurnule, S.S. Sawant, P.B. Chavan, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.05.357 (Scopus Index, Impact factor: 1.23, Elsevier Journal)
3. Biosynthesis of gold nanoparticles for detection of dichlorvos residue from different samples D. S. Bhagata*, W. B. Gurnule, S. G. Pande, M. M. Kolhapure, A. D. Belsare, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.04.589 (Scopus Index, Impact factor: 1.23, Elsevier Journal)
4. Synthesis, Characterization and Thermal Conductivity of Diglycidyl Monomer Bearing Thiourea and Salicyladehyde Group Epoxy Resin R. D. Mahant, Nitin Kongre, D. S. Bhagat, W. B. Gurnule, Alochana Chakra Journal, 2020, 9(5), 717-724. (UGC care listed Journal)
5. Ultrasonic-assisted Extraction of Active Ingredients from Abrus precatoriusSeeds for Study of Antimicrobial Activity D. S. Bhagat*, S. K. Sontakke, W. B. Gurnule, S. K. Shejul, Alochana Chakra Journal, 2020, 9(5), 451-457. (UGC care listed Journal)
6. Biosynthesis of gold nanoparticles for detection of dichlorvos residue from different samples D. S. Bhagata* R. P. Pawar, A. B. Tekale, S. G. Pande, R. R. Rangari, I. V. Suryawanshi, P. B. Chavan, S. N. Tapase and A. A. Sahu, Eur. Chem. Bull. 2019, 8(9), 212-215. (Scopus Index, Impact factor: 0.25)
7. A Rapid and Convenient Synthesis of Acridine Derivatives Using Camphor Sulfonic Acid Catalyst D. S. Bhagata*, S. U. Tekale, A. K. Dhas, S. U. Deshmukh, R. P. Pawar, P. S. Kendrekar, Organic Preparations and Procedures International, 2019, 1, 1-6.
(Scopus Index, Impact factor: 1.77, Taylor and Francis Journal)
8. Microwave Assisted One Pot Synthesis of 3,4-Dihydropyrano[c]chromene Derivatives using [Emim]OH Ionic Liquid as Novel Catalyst D. S. Bhagat1*, S.G. Pande, M.V. Katariya, R.P. Pawar, P.S. Kendrekar, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2019, 31(4), 829-833. (Scopus Index, Impact factor: 0.25)
9.Ultrasonication Assisted Development of New Greener Method for Extraction of Cypermethrin and Transfluthrin from Various Samples: A Forensic Approach D. S. Bhagat*, P. N. Pathak, S. G. Pande, A. A. Sukhadeve, Anurag Sahu, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2018, Accepted.
(Scopus Index, Impact factor: 0.25)
10. Synthesis of Tetrahydrobenzo [B] Pyran Derivatives Using Thiamine Hydrochloride (VB1): A Green Catalyst Devidas S. Bhagat, Pintu G. Pathare, Laszlo Kotai and Rajendra P. Pawar, European Chemical Bulletin, 2017, 6(5), 211-214. (Scopus Index, Impact factor: 0.25)
11. Yttrium oxide (Y2O3): Efficient and green catalysis for the synthesis of chromeno [2, 3-b] quinolinedione D. S. Bhagat, M. V. Katariya, S. R. Bembalkar and Rajendra P. Pawar, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery, 2017, 3(2), 646-653. (International peer-reviewed journal)
12. Green Techniques in Organic Synthesis and its Advantages D. S. Bhagat, A. P.Katariya, M. V. Katariya, R. P. Pawar, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery, 2017, 3(3), 62-66. (International peer-reviewed journal)
13. Rapid Access to Synthesis of Bisindole Derivatives Using 2-Morpholino Ethanesulphonic Acid D. S. Bhagat, M.V Katariya, H. D. Bhosale, S. U. Shisodia, R. P. Pawar, Academic Journal of Chemistry, 2016, 1(1), 26-32. (International peer-reviewed journal)
14. Extraction and Identification of Dichlorovos From Soil Sample Using Ethereal Solution of EMIM Hydroxide Ionic Liquid: A Forensic Application D. S. Bhagat*, Nikhil Bhalerao, S. G. Pande, A. A. Sukhadeve, Anurag Sahu, World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, 2016, 5(9): 1354-1362. (UGC care listed Journal)
15. [Emim]OH ionic liquid catalyzed efficient synthesis of Polyhydroquinolines derivatives via Hantzsch reaction as green approach Devidas S. Bhagat, Maya V. Katariya, Akshay D. Takwale, Anil D. Bhadke and Rajendra P. Pawar, Pravin S. Kendrekar, Journal basic of basic and applied research, 2016, 2(4): 448-454. (International peer-reviewed journal)
16. Yttrium oxide: A highly efficient catalyst for the synthesis of pyrano [2, 3-d] pyrimidine derivatives in aqueous methanol media. D. S. Bhagat, M.V Katariya, C. S. Patil, S. U. Deshmukh, S. U. Shisodia, European Chemical Bulletin, 2015, 4 (10-12): 450-453. (Scopus Index, Impact factor: 0.32)
17. 2-Morpholinoethanesulfonic acid catalyzed one pot synthesis of isoindolo [2, 1-a] quinazoline at room temperature under ultrasonication D. S. Bhagat, M.V. Katariya, R.D. Ingle, V. M. Joshi, M. R. Bachhav, R. P. Pawar, European Chem. Bulletin, 2015, 4 (7-9): 410-413. (Scopus Index, Impact factor: 0.32)
BOOK/ BOOK CHAPTER:
1. Batch Separation Studies for the Removal of Heavy Metal Ions using Chelating Copolymer Resin W. B. Gurnule, D. S. Bhagat, S. S. Rahangdale, 2020, Book chapter, Apple academic press, Canada publishers, communicated.
RESEARCH GUIDANCE/ MENTORSHIP / RESEARCH SUPERVISOR
Special achievement: Select as external Mentor at CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat for SRTP 2020 on ‘Interdisciplinary approach for precision agriculture’ project from June to August.
Under my supervision PG research students Ms. Himani Khawashi and Ms. Pratiksha Kadam secured jointly-first prize in national conference at Satara, Maharashtra.
Under my guidance PG research students Ms. Ramya Goka and Ms. Pranoti Salgar secured consecutively first and second prize in SRUJAN poster competition at MGM College Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
|Sr. No.||Student/Fellow||Research Topic||Degree/Course||Year|
|1||Ms. Pratiksha Kadam||
Facial Synthesis of Au@Ag nanoparticle for colorimetric detection of parathion residue in various spiked sample
|M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2019-2020|
|2||Ms. Vaishnvi Bagde||Develop Au-NPs based colorimetric chemosensor for selective detection of caffeine residue in suspected sample||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2019-2020|
|3||Ms. Ramya Goka||Synthesis of TiO2@Eu fluorescent nanoparticle for detection of latent fingerprints on various surfaces||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2019-2020|
|4||Ms Himani Khawashi||Biosynthesis of NiO nanoparticle for photocatalytic degradation of organic dyes||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2019-2020|
|5||Ms. Komal Kalaskar||Green synthesis of CuO nanoparticles and study of its antimicrobial activity||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2019-2020|
|6||Ms. Pranoti Salgar||Efficient extraction of dyes from flowers of Spathodia campanulata for effective development of LFPs on various surfaces||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2019-2020|
|7||Mr. Indranil Suryawanshi||Greener synthesis of CuO nanoparticles for enhanced development of latent fingerprints||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2018-2019|
|8||Ms. Priti Chavan||Efficacy of synthesized azo dye for development of latent fingerprints on Non-porous and wet surface||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2018-2019|
|9||Ms. Mayuri Kolhapure||
Biosynthesis of gold nanoparticles for detection of dichlorvos residue from different samples
|M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2017-2018|
|10||Ms. Rupali Rangari||Green Synthesis of an Amide-Based Chemosensor and its Application for Detection of Toxic Metal Ions||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2017-2018|
|11||Mr. Pawan Yeole||Extraction of Active Constituent of Ipomoea Carnea by using Ultra Sonication and Study of Anti-Bacterial Activity||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2016-2017|
|12||Ms. Pratiksha Pathak||Ultra-sonication assisted development of new greener method for extraction of Cypermethrin and Transfluthrin from various samples: A Forensic Approach||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2016-2017|
|13||Mr. Siddheshwar Sontakke||Ultrasonic-assisted Extraction of Active Ingredients from Abrus precatorius Seeds for Study of Antimicrobial Activity||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2015-2016|
|14||Mr. Nikhil Bhalerao||Extraction and identification of dichlorovos from soil sample using ethereal solution of emim hydroxide ionic liquid: a forensic application||M. Sc. (PG Dissertation)||2015-2016|