Dr. Rajesh Kumar, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Forensic Science
|Head, Dept. of Forensic Science, Govt. Inst. of Forensic Sci., Aurangabad (A’bad), MS, India||Sept., 2016 – till date|
|Assistant Professor, Dept. of Forensic Scienc, Govt. Inst. of Forensic Sci., Aurangabad (A’bad), MS, India||Dec., 2014 – till date|
|Forensic Physicist, Forensic Science Laboratory, GNCT, New Delhi, India||Nov., 2011 – Nov., 2014|
|Research Fellow, Central Forensic Science Laboratory Hyderabad, Directorate of Forensic Science Services, MHA, Govt. of India.||May, 2007 – Nov., 2011|
|Scientific Assistant (Physics), Forensic Science Laboratory, Karnal, Haryana, India||Mar., 2007 – May, 2007|
|Scientific Associate (Physics), Forensic Science Laboratory, GNCT, New Delhi, India||Aug., 2006 – Mar., 2007|
EXPERIENCE IN FORENSICS
- As Assistant Professor and Head, Dept. of Forensic Science, I have completed the following assignments:
- Developed curriculum as a member for M.Sc., B. Sc. and PG Diploma in Forensic Science for Dr. BAM University, Aurangabad, MS, India.
- Helped local police and CID Maharashtra in terms of examination of cases and guiding them on collection of samples at scene of crime.
- Delivered more than 35 invited lectures in Police Departments, Police Training Colleges, academic Institutions and National and International conferences.
- Organized workshops as coordinator and program chair in various discipline of Forensic Science including Crime Scene Investigation.
- Organized summer and winter internship for the students of M.Sc., B.Sc. and PG Diploma in Forensic Science to the various Forensic Science Laboratories of the country.
- As a Forensic Physicist at Forensic Science Laboratory, Govt. of NCT of Delhi:
- Examined more than 300 cases and visited more than 75 scene of crime of diverse nature.
- Delivered expert lectures at Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Academy, Ghaziabad and National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- As a Research Fellow at Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Hyderabad:
- Developed an image processing and pattern recognition framework for Forensic Document Examination.
- Signature verification system developed by our team was placed among the best four signature verification system around the globe in ICFHR10-4NSIGCOMP signature verification competition.
- Carried out a pioneer work in terms of development of software for the automatic detection of alteration in documents.
- As Scientific Assistant (Physics) at Forensic Science Laboratory, Haryana and Scientific Associate (Physics) at Forensic Science Laboratory Delhi, assisted senior forensic experts in more than 100 cases.
- Published 12 papers in peer-reviewed jouranals /conference proceedings including IEEE Transaction Information Forensics and Security (Impact Factor-6.211, JCR2019) and Pattern Recognition Letters (Impact Factor-2.810, JCR 2019).
- Presented more than 15 papers in national and international conferences related to Forensics as well as Computer Science.
- Worked/working as referee in five international journals including IEEE Transactions of Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions Information Forensics and Security, Artificial Intelligence Review, and IET Biometrics.
- Worked as program committee member and reviewer in more than 25 international conferences and reviewed more than 75 manuscripts.
- Chairman/Member in Academic Body
- Member, Paper setting Committee, UGC SET, Maharashtra
- Chairman, Examination Committee, M.Sc. (Forensic Science), Dr. BAMU, Aurangabad, India
- Member, Examination Committee, M.Sc. (Forensic Science), Mumbai University, Mumbai, India
- Member, Examination Committee, B.Sc. (Forensic Science), Jharkhand Raksha Shakti University, Ranchi, India
- Member, Board of Studies (Forensic Science), YCIS, Satara, Maharashtra, India
- Invited Member, Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala, Punjab, India
- Invited Member, MP Public Service Commission, Indore, MP, India
- Chaired a Technical Session
- IEEE International Conference on Advances in Pattern Recognition (ICAPR 2015), Kolkata, India. 
- National Conference on Recent Trends in Forensic Science, YCIS, Satara, Maharashtra, India. 
- Worked as Program Chair
- National Workshop on Role of Diatoms in Forensics (NWRDF2016), Pune, India.
- Ph. D. [Criminology and Forensic Science (2013)]
- Thesis: An Image Processing and Pattern Recognition frame-work for Forensic Document Fraud Analysis.
- University: Dr. H S G Central University, Sagar, M.P., India.
- In collaboration with: Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata, India.
- M.Sc. [Forensic Science (2006)]
- Institute: LNJN National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, New Delhi, India
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS:
- Union Home Minister’s Young Scientist Award for contribution in the field of Forensic Sciences by Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, New Delhi (2018)
- International Travel Support by Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi (2018).
- Best Scientific Paper Award in 23rd All India Forensic Science Conference organized by Directorate of Forensic Science Services, MHA, Govt. of India, New Delhi, India (2015).
- Research Assistantship, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India (2011).
- Senior Research Fellowship, Directorate of Forensic Science Services, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, New Delhi. [2009-2011]
- Junior Research Fellowship, Directorate of Forensic Science Services, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, New Delhi. [2007-2009]
- University Grant Commission(UGC)- National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (2005)
- Summer Fellowship, NBHM, MTTS Level-I, RIE Mysore. (2003)