Best Practice # 1: Cybersecurity Awareness Program
With the exponential growth of digital technologies and artificial intelligence-based decision-makingsystems, crime-related these technologies have increased tremendously. Cybercrime can be best addressedby generating more awareness among the general masses. The Institute in collaboration with Quick Heal Foundations, Pune under their CSR Scheme has started a cyber awareness program since 2017.
- To address the problem of cybercrime under the Institute outreach program
- To aware students of schools/colleges of cybercrime and its dos and don’ts
- To support the students of the Institute under the earn-and-learn scheme
- To strengthen the public speaking skills among the students of the Institute
The Institute identifies volunteers based on the interest and needs of the students. The students are theninterviewed by Quickheal Foundations, Pune, and selected for the program. Communication is made withvarious schools/colleges for such programs to be hosted in respective schools/colleges. Finally, with theconsent of schools/colleges and under the observation of Quickheal Foundations, an awareness program isorganized. For every session, the volunteer receives Rs. 200 as a token amount.
Evidence of success
|Year||Number of students covered||Number of Schools/ Colleges covered||Number of volunteers||The amount received by volunteers in Rs.|
Best Practice # 2: Training police officers/officials of Maharashtra State and helping them in CrimeCases
As a forensic science Institute, we understand our responsibility toward our stakeholders, including thepolice department. We started building a rapport with the local police department in 2012 and organizedtraining programs/workshops based on their need. The practice had been of tremendous benefit to thepolice department.
- To provide in-service training to low and mid-ranked police officers of Aurangabad/MaharashtraState
- To arrange hands-on activities for the police officers/officials on crime scene investigation
- To provide assistance to police officers in the investigation of crime
- To provide laboratory facilities to the police officers/officials
The Institute approaches the police department for their needs in training. The police department based ontheir requirements for training, writes a letter to the Institute, and a joint training program is organized.Similarly, help in criminal cases is also done based on their request.
Evidence of Success
- The increased conviction rate of Aurangabad Range Police: One of the noteworthycontributions of the Institute is training police officers/officials of the I-Bike Scheme. On theinitiative of special IG, Aurangabad Range, Sh. Milind Bharambe, IPS, a concept of Investigating-Bike (I-Bike) was introduced in Aurangabad Range. Special workshops were designed andorganized for them, which resulted in an increased conviction rate in the range
- Participants of Maharashtra State received medals in MSPDM/AIPDM: The participants ofthe Maharashtra State Police Duty Meet and All India Police Duty Meet were trained in theInstitute. The training not only helped them to secure a medal for the State but also helped them toinvestigate their routine cases in a scientific way.