Digital and Cyber forensic is the branch of computer science which deals with the practice of collecting,examination and analysis of a digital device such as a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone or digital camera in a criminal or civil investigation and reporting on digital data in a way that is legally admissible in the court of Law.
Our Digital and Cyber Forensic Department is well equipped with 25 desktop ,1 servers ,1 Workstation,Smart Board,LCD projector.Each Computers connected in LAN and Internet. We also contribute to society for justice by taking up various activities like data recovery / retrieval.
Specialization Students 2020-21
Software’s and Tools
- EnCase Forensic Tool
- Oxygen Mobile Forensic
- CDAC Mobile Check S/W
- Image Master Solo Kit
- Mobile Forensic Paraben tool kit
- FTK (Forensic Tool Kit)
- CDR ( Call Data Record )
- E- Mail Tracing (CDAC online services )
- Facebook Profile Examiner Software
- Matlab 2010
- Screen Recorder
- Mobile Edit
- FRAT (Forensic Registry Analysis Tool)
- Winlift – Live RAM capture
- Networking Analysis Tool (NeAT)
Department Achievements in the Academic Year 2018-2019
- Department has successfully designed, developed and implemented online registration web portal for 2018-19 admission process in codeigniter and MySQL and it resulted in 5900 students registering for admission process.
- Three Minor Research Project for the amount of Rupees 30000/- , 35000/- and 50000/- for the academic year 2018-19 and 2019-20 respectively received from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Two Faculty members got recognition as Ph.D. Research Guide from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- MOU for the year 2018-19 with Quick heal Foundation for creating awareness regarding cyber security and cyber crimes to 37250 students which includes 68 Schools, Colleges and Institutes at Aurangabad and Nashik District. Total 15 students received rupees 92000/- fellowship against cyber awareness program.
- Creating awareness regarding cyber crimes and cyber security to students and faculties of various colleges and institutes who visited our Department of digital and cyber forensics.
- Department has examined more than 18 cases in the academic year 2018-19 related to Data recovery, online banking frauds, Image forgery, CCTV footage, Social networking for Aurangabad Range police.
- Delivered a lecture in one day workshop on “Fake News : Precautions and Consequences “ organized by District Information Office ,Aurangabad on 1st August 2018 at Commissioner Office ,Aurangabad.
- Delivered expert talk on “Cyber Security and Awareness” at MGM Polytechnic,Aurangabad on 02th August 2018.
- Invited as a resource person in University Level Workshop to speak on “Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security ” at K.J. Somaiya College of Arts, Commerce and Science kopargaon on 24th August 2018.
- Delivered lecture in one day State Level workshop on “Consequences of Social Media Networking among women “sponsored by Maharashtra state Commission for women, Mumbai. Held on 12th September 2018 at Women’s College of Home Science and BCA ,Loni Tal-Rahata Dist Aurangabad.
- Worked as member of scrutiny committee for Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik.
- Invited as an External Expert for evaluating the state level poster presentation Computation BRAINSTORM 2019 organized by Vivekanand College, Aurangabad.
- Participated in national level workshop on ”E-Learning and Audio video production ”
- Two Faculty members completed one Orientation and one Refresher Course in the academic year 2018-19.
- M.Sc II specialization all 6 students participated from 16 July 2018 to 20th July 2018 in National level 5 days workshop on “Computer Network and Cyber Security” at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Shree Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore.