The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 envisages the promotion of quality research within the Higher Education system. Research and innovation are important aspects to enhance quality education in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The societal challenges of our country can only be addressed by having a strong and vibrant higher education ecosystem with an emphasis on research, innovation, and technology development. The integration of Research, Innovation, and Technology Development is the foundation of Atma-Nirbhar Bharat (Self-reliant India). The establishment of the Research and Development Cell (RDC) in HEIs will enable the attainment of targets of Atma-Nirbhar Bharat and is expected to play a pivotal role in catalyzing the multidisciplinary/ transdisciplinary and translational research culture mandated in NEP 2020.
Forensic Science itself amalgamation of all fundamental sciences. Today need to develop a mechanism for strengthening the research culture and empowering the scientific environment that facilitates not only interdisciplinary research but also heightens the knowledge in the frontiers of Forensic Science and Crime Investigation. For new forensic techniques to be fully effective, especially in court, there is a need for better communication and presentation of their scientific and technical basis. This is a fruitful area where researchers and providers can increase the influence of their research and development work to the benefit of the criminal justice system.
Research and innovation are the pillars of quality education. The National Education Policy 2020 states that quality education builds on quality research in the institutes of higher education. The Research and Development Cell of the Government Institute of Forensic Science, Aurangabad enables and encourages the research culture among all faculty members and students.
RDC imagines building a sustainable research ecosystem, Institute needs to connect with the RDC of well Known HEIs for their research. Institute needs to establish collaborations, teams/consortia, partnerships, and combined ventures for joint research activities to enhance the exchange between students, scholars, and faculty.
RDC will undertake regular initiatives to ensure that researchers understand the importance of integrity and ethics and comply with ethical codes of research and publishing practices at Institutional, National, and Global levels. All papers will go through a standard plagiarism check and necessary software will be made available for all researchers.
RDC will organize various events such as workshops, group discussion forums, seminars, conferences, training, etc. regularly for capacity building by promoting students and faculty members to participate in Avishkar and other research activities. It will also pave the way for HEI to attract more research grants under norm-based funding, improve its accreditation ranking and enhance its brand image.
To put in place a robust mechanism for developing and strengthening the research ecosystem within the Institute aligned with the provision of National Education Policy-2020
- To create a favorable environment for the enhancement of research productivity.
- To encourage collaboration across industry, government, community-based organizations, and agencies at the local, national and international levels.
- To facilitate greater access to research through the mobilization of resources and funding.
- To facilitate resources of the institute to stakeholders of society.
- To create awareness and opportunities in Research, Innovation and Development among the faculties and students.
- To increase research collaboration, linkages and MoU at national and international levels.
- To encourage faculty members to for applying research grants to various government and non-government funding agencies.
- To arrange various workshops, discussion forums, conferences and training programs, courses for the incubation of research culture in the institute.
- To create awareness about filing Patents & IPR by generating innovative ideas on academic and societal problems
- To foster a scientific temper for interdisciplinary research in the institute.
- Modernizing the existing laboratories with additional experimental setups or instruments and technology for utilizing the laboratories for research activity.
- To encourage and facilitate the publication of research work/projects in reputed academic journals and reputed conference proceedings.
- To participate in innovative research & training in collaboration with local and state level criminal justice system.
Function and Responsibilities of RDC
The Research and Development Cell would provide an environment wherein the creation and dissemination of knowledge, innovation and technology development for societal and industrial needs would be achieved by researchers through knowledge, skills, good governance and extensive financial support.
The details of the functions of the Research and Development Cell are as follows:
- To prepare the annual research plan of the institute by taking inputs from every department.
- To develop networking and collaborative research with national and or international institutes.
- To promote quality publications and patents of the researchers of the Institute through a certificate of appreciation
- To monitor and maintain the integrity and ethics of the research activities of the Institute.
- To promote faculty members to various research organizations for getting collaborative projects and adopting best practices.
- Organizing conferences, workshops, seminars, training programs, Avishkar, Science day, and other research-oriented activities.
- To start a certificate course on related to research methodologies.
- To keep everyone informed about announcements by various funding agencies like DST, CSIR, AICTE, UGC, University, and others funding agencies.
- To address the issues of research and suggest there with their scientific impact.
- To provide adequate infrastructure and support in terms of technology and information needs
- Facilitating timely auditing of completed research projects and submission of utilization certificates
- To collect information once in each term (Semester) in the prescribed format on faculty involvement in guiding students, paper publications, research projects from external funding agencies, and involvement in collaborative research activity.
- To prepare the annual report of RDC and submit it to a higher authority.
Information Management System
Institute must create a centralized Research Information Management System (RIMS) where all research-oriented information, databases, publications, research projects, fellowships, collaborations, and patents. RIMS can also have a platform from where information on Human Resources, physical capital, and knowledge capital can be accessed.
Institute will try to create a portal on Institutional Research Information and Institutional Repository and sign an MoU with UGC- INFLIBNET to access and upload the research information through Shodh Ganga, Shodh Gangotri, Shodh Sindhu, Shodh Shuddhi, and Shodh Chakra
An efficient governance mechanism ensures functional autonomy, transparency, accountability, and adaptability by strengthening interlinkages to create a conducive research environment.
All activities of RDC will be monitored various committees for devising research models, technology, appraisal, foresight & review functions, facilitating sectorial R&D progress, and IPR protection.
“Research Advisory Council” from the academic year 2022-23 to periodically guide the “Research and Development Cell” to be formed to promote research in the institution as per the National Education Policy (NEP-2020) and University Grants Commission (UGC) (March-2022). The organization has been established as follows.
Research Advisory Council
|1||Professor (Dr.) Ulhas K. Patil (Director)||Chairperson|
|2||Professor (Dr.) Bharti W. Gawali (Professor, Dr. B. A. M. U., Aurangabad)||External Member|
|3||Dr. Bhaskar R. Sathe (Associate Professor, Dr. B. A. M. U., Aurangabad)||External Member|
|4||Dr. Rajesh Kumar (IQAC coordinator, HOD, Assist. Prof. – Forensic Sci.)||Member|
|5||Dr. Devidas S. Bhagat (Director – RDC, Assist. Prof.- Chemistry)||Member Secretary|
As per the instructions given by the University Grants Commission, the responsibility of various committees is being entrusted under the Research and Development Cell as follows.
Research and Development Cell (RDC)
|1||Dr. Devidas S. Bhagat||Director – RDC|
|2||Dr. Omprakash B. Pawar||Member|
|3||Dr. Sumedha C. Jadhav||Member|
Sub_Committee-1: Finance and Infrastructure
|1||Dr. Digambar D. Gaikwad||Co-ordinator|
|2||Dr. Sharadkumar G. Narwade||Member|
|3||Ms. Vini A. Kale||Member|
Sub_Committee-2: Research Program, Policy Development
|1||Dr. Beauty Arora||Co-ordinator|
|2||Mr. Abhijeet Sarkar||Member|
|3||Mrs. Manisha Gujar||Member|
Sub_Committee-3: Collaboration and Community
|1||Dr. Charansingh Kayte||Co-ordinator|
|2||Mr. Anurag Sahu||Member|
|3||Mr. Rahul Gawade||Member|
Sub_Committee-4: Product Development Monitoring and Commercialization
|1||Dr. Rajesh Kumar||Co-ordinator|
|2||Mr. Arun D. Ghuge||Member|
|3||Ms. Anju Pakhale||Member|
Sub_Committee-5: IPR Legal and Ethical Matters
|1||Mr. Rahul Bharti||Co-ordinator|
|2||Dr. Faiyyaj I. Shaikh||Member|
|3||Dr. Shobha Bawiskar||Member|